Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Hi5 DVD Review

If you like to let your kids watch DVDs (and lets face it who doesn't? It gives a you a break from their constant needs...) then I have a few recommendations. I will write some of them up as reviews here on my Blog.



First of all, if you haven't heard of them, check out Hi5. These talented Australians are a seriously hi energy dance/song/story edutainment group who combine the best qualities of pop stars and traditional kids tv presenters with none of the drawbacks. I can't recommend Hi5 enough...they offer my kids an enriching experience which I personally find hard to offer a lot of the time. Every last sketch has an education element to it...but it is always interesting, always lively. Child development pros work on each episode, and the presenters individual personalities shine through in their own sections.



I'd go as far as to say that Hi5 offer your kids something that British and American presenters and kids media don't really offer as well; they seem to sum up what is good about Australian culture and are just really *different* to cbeebies or milkshake. With so much American culture permeating childrens media, this is
a refreshing break, and I think that in this it offers a rewarding type of cool that you just don't get elsewhere.




Skills and areas covered: Body co-ordination, logical thinking, mathematics, puzzles, mazes, shape, colour and pattern...social skills, but above all dance and movement, music and fun!
They're a pop band that are all about helping your kids development, rather than grabbing all the limelight and money!



So cheers to Nathan, Kellie, Tim, Kathleen, and (my favourite) Charli!
You rocked our world! 1, 2, 3, 4 ... hi5!

No comments: