Thursday, September 28, 2006

tinyurl, communication...beer

Yesterday I asked my youngest sons teacher if she had looked into his reading diary today. I had written a tinyurl link to this blog there.

She said no, tuesdays and thurdays were the days for that, so i gave her a piece of paper with the URL on.

Its pretty difficult getting anything more than a few sentences from my sons teacher, my partner tried the other day to engage in conversation, and the schools paperwork handouts make it clear that they're preferred methods of communication are appointments and scheduled parent evenings. Compared to the creche they were in, there is very scant information about what is going on in the classroom. At creche we had daily reports on what they had eaten, what they had done, incidents good and bad.

Today when i dropped of my kids, I was asked if the main teacher could speak to me after school.
This is great news, I hope it goes well.

Incidentally, I noticed this morning, at around 9.05am a man with a large alsatian dog standing at the end of the schools road, drinking a can of beer. I was going to photograph him, but my phone camera wouldn't work.
Just a comment, feel free to leave comments below.

No comments: