Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Youngest Childs First Day

Today is my youngest childs first day at Blaise School, Bristol.



As we arrived, I found that the gates were locked, and a dinner lady told me through the fence that I'd have to walk my child around 'all the way' up such and such a road.

A quick couple of phone calls later and another lady appears at the boundary and motions us over. It appears that tommorrow we will have to walk around because that is the 'front' of this school... and the office staff, and its lunch time, and ...

I have to walk my children to and from school three times a day. I would appreciate being able to let my child into the school through the gate opposite the park at the correct time, even if this meant it having to be staffed. Obviously staff shouldn't be made to walk several meters if they suffered from some condition that prevented it (verucas, obesity...) but I don't think that this is
too much to ask.

Inside the school looks bit run down; some of it looks like a building site. The teachers seemed nice though.

I am determined not to jump to premature conclusions about Blaise school.

No comments: